DI-2108 High Speed USB Data Acquisition and Data Logger System with Windaq software and 32GB USB flash drive. Features up to 8 differential analog input channels, 12 to 16-bit measurement resolution, a full scale range of ±10V, and stand-alone data recording to removable USB thumb drive. Includes a DI-2108 instrument, a 6-foot USB cable, a screwdriver for signal connections, an NIST-traceable Calibration Certificate, and a 32GB USB flash drive with WinDaq software (downloadable at run.dataq.com) and the Calibration Certificate (.pdf).
Model DI-2108 delivers premium analog performance at a surprisingly affordable price. Eight analog input channels provide differential measurement flexibility and a ±10 V full scale range. The differential input configuration provides noise rejection, easily adapts to singleended signal sources, and is protected up to ±50 V dc or peak ac so that inevitable measurement mishaps will not harm the instrument. The front-end feeds a flexible resolution analog-to-digital converter that ranges from 12 to 16 bits as a function of sampling rate. Lower sampling rates deliver higher resolution readings. The maximum sampling throughput rate of the DI-2108 is 220 kHz, providing 12 bits of resolution. Rounding off the analog subsystem are anti-alias filters per channel with automatic selection of corner frequency at approximately one tenth of the sampling frequency. Finally, an external trigger input allows A-D conversion to be synchronized to external events.
The DI-2108 provides 7 digital ports, each configurable as an input or a switch. Input protection is provided to 25 V. When activated as inputs two ports allow dual functionality as discrete inputs, or programmed as a counter or rate input. The rate input features a 50 kHz maximum measurement allocated over twelve programmable measurement ranges (10 Hz to 50 kHz full scale.) The counter input provides 16-bit resolution and a terminal count value of 65,535. The discrete, counter, and rate inputs are members of the same internal scan list used by the analog input channels. This means that all enabled elements are acquired synchronously, which allows meaningful comparisons between analog and digital channels. For example, the rate input measuring engine speed allows rpm data to be acquired in lock-step with analog data. Configured as a switch a digital port can be used to control external loads up to 25 V @ 100 mA, and the switch can be controlled asynchronously without interfering with the scanning process.
A USB drive is used to record data in stand-alone mode. The DI-2108 can record continuously using a circular buffer with pre-defined trigger conditions or a record-until-full approach supporting remote start/stop. A push button allows manual start/stop control over the recording process. With a flash memory card incorporating SLC technology, throughput rates up to 160 kHz can be achieved. That rate drops to 50 kHz when using pSLC card, and 20 kHz using a flash memory card incorporating MLC. The included WinDaq data acquisition software makes configuring the DI-2108 for stand-alone operation quick and intuitive. Use WinDaq to set up channels and create a reference file. That reference file can then be copied to the USB drive and used for quick setup.
- 4 armored analog differential inputs (8 channels available with Optional Unlock Code)
- Up to ±50 V without damage
- 80 dB common mode rejection
- Fixed measurement range of ±10 V full scale
- Adaptable anti-alias filter per channel - Corner frequency set as a function of sampling rate
- Up to 16-bit analog-to-digital resolution
- Up to 160,000 Hz Sample Throughput Rate using WinDaq Acquisition software
- Up to 160,000 Hz Sample Throughput Rate in stand-alone mode using high speed microSD card
- Seven digital ports
- Programmable per port as input or switch
- Support for rate measurements to 50 kHz
- Support for 16-bit counter
- External trigger input
- Optional Stand-Alone Mode (Requires Unlock Code)
- Includes a DI-2108 instrument, a 2m USB cable, a screwdriver for signal connections, an NIST-traceable Calibration Certificate, and a 32GB USB flash drive with WinDaq software.
- Provided with WinDaq/Lite Software which records up to four channels (Unlock Code required to record all 8 channels using WinDaq)